Saturday, November 30, 2013

What Did The Fox Say - Favorite or Best




Do you think that this photo I took at The Treasure Island Music Festival is one of my favorites or do you think it is one of my best?

What did I say? 




I learned how to use the photo-booth program from my photo students. The photograph above was one of my first photo-booth photos. I love it. Do you think it is a favorite or a best?




When I attended the Journalism Education Association National Convention in Boston, I co-presented a session about collecting and organizing best photos into a portfolio. I took this self-portrait moments before the session started. Is this photo a best or favorite? 

Selecting your favorite photographs is easier than selecting best photographs. The next photo is also a favorite, even though the light is bad and the subjects are posing.




The next few photos are more difficult to categorize. What do you think?


















I like all of these photographs, but only a few of these photographs are my "best." Some might be my favorite AND my best. There is a difference in how I justify a "best" photograph.

For today's assignment, choose THREE of your photographs that you consider your best and provide three reasons to justify why the photographs are your best. Create a blog post and write three sentences for each photograph. Did you use rules of composition? Did you consider light? How does the photograph tell a story? Why is the photograph your best?



No comments:

Post a Comment